Monday, April 6, 2009

Baked Chicken & Cauliflower Dressed Up

Last week Drew tried something old & something new. Drew loves cauliflower, so for added flavor I boiled the cauliflower in chicken broth (low sodium) and than pureed it with a little bit of the left over broth & a bit of butter. I believe Drew likes it just as much, if not more than the plain cauliflower.

According to my Cooking for Baby book, they recommend starting Chicken between 9 and 11 months. Drew was about 8 1/2 decided to try it. We did so because he had been eating solids since 4 months and doing well on them. He also did well with the ground turkey. We took boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used four, but I think I'll just do two next time), put them on an oiled cooking rack over a foil lined pan. We cooked them for about 24 minutes, flipping them half way through. We have a digital cooking thermometer that helps us cook chicken thoroughly. I highly recommend one. I pureed half of this and chopped the rest for finger foods. Drew is not fond of this in either form. I tried mixing it with sweet potatoes too, which helped a little. I might try white meat next time to see if he likes it better and I plan on making a pasta too.



No comments:

Post a Comment