Saturday, February 14, 2009

Yay for Pears

Drew gives pears two thumbs up. I had never had a fresh pear before, believe it or not. I thought I'd just peel them and mush them up, without having to cook them. I am not sure if was the type of pears we bought or if they were just not fully ripe, or what; but they were a bit harder than I had anticipated. I bought organic green pears. I ended up peeling them, removed the seeds, chopped them up and put them in a zip lock bag with a little bit of water. I microwaved (steamed) them for about 40 seconds and than again for 20 more seconds. They were still firm, but had softened up enough to make it easy to puree. I transferred them to the food processor and added some breast milk to help thin them up a bit. I froze the left overs.Drew really likes them. So far we have given it to him by itself and sometimes we mix it with oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment